The registered office of the company is a place to which all official communications pertaining to a company is sent. In addition to a registered office a company can have corporate office or administrative office or branch office etc. However, only the registered office of the company needs to be registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
The registered office of the company will also determine the domicile of the company. The state or location in which the registered office of the company is situated will determine the Registrar of Company (ROC) to which the application for company registration must be made. Any change of address of registered office must be notified to the ROC within 15 days.
- Stakeholders and the board of director’s residential area often decide the location of the registered office. Although, in some cases need arises to change the registered office location from one place to another.
- Company required to change their registered office address when it is growing at a faster pace and the office space and infrastructure is not as per the company’s current position.
- If you are in the last period of your company’s lease and you are thinking of hiring another office space at lease.
- If Company is planning to explore new genres for business growth and hence planning to shift their registered office to a place where they can explore better market opportunities.
- If another company is investing in your company then your registered office address will bound to shift.
Let’s dig in and go through the procedure that needs to be followed during the change in registered office address as provided in the Companies Act, 2013:
Change in Private Limited Company’s Registered Office within The Same State:
The below mentioned procedure is followed, in case of any change in the address of a Private Company:
- A Board meeting is conducted
- An applicant is required to file Form INC-22 with the ROC and that too within 15 days from the date of passing the resolution.
Documents required with Form INC-22:
- Copy of current address of the registered office
- Utility’s bill copy (not older than 2 months)
- NOC in relation to the use of premises
Change in the registered office outside the state:
The below mentioned procedure is followed:
- A board meeting is conducted in which the date, day, time and venue of the Extra-ordinary General meeting is fixed.
- A decision regarding the change in office address is passed in the Extra-ordinary General meeting.
- With the ROC Form MGT-14 is filed within 30 days from the date of passing the resolution.
Documents required with Form MGT-14:
- A certified copy of the resolution
- Within 15 days of passing the decision Form INC-22 is filed with ROC
- Change in the address of a company depends upon the scenario whether the address change is within the state or outside the state. Procedures are followed according to the categorization which is prescribed in the Companies Act, 2013.
- ASA can help you in changing the name of your company by filing for the all legal documents on your behalf. We will take up the process on your behalf.
- Our expert professionals will guide you at every possible step. Our representatives are well aware of the pertaining rules and regulations and documents required.
- Reach out to us at ASA for great services.